Last revised: June 05, 2002
Eggdrop is the most advanced IRC robot available. It has been under development since December 1993, and unlike most other bots, it is still regularly updated. Some of its features include:
- Support for SSL-enabled IRC servers
- Support for IPv6 users
- Completely separate channel user lists like having a separate bot for each channel.
- A "party line" available through dcc chat or telnet, with multiple channels, giving you the ability to talk to people without being affected by netsplits.
- A "botnet". A botnet consists of one or more bots linked together. This can allow bots to op each other securely, control floods efficiently, and share user lists, ban lists, exempt/invite lists, and ignore lists (if sharing is enabled).
- User records are saved on disk and alterable via dcc chat. Each user can have a password (encrypted), a list of valid hostmasks, a set of access flags, etc.
- The ability to "learn" new users (if you choose to let the bot do so) by letting users /MSG the bot "hello". The bot will grant them automatic access of whatever type you specify (or even no access at all).
- A file system where users can upload and download files in an environment that looks and acts (for the most part) like a typical UNIX system. It also has the ability to mark files and directories as hidden -- unaccessible to people without certain user flags.
- Console mode: you can view each channel through dcc chat or telnet, selectively looking at mode changes, joins and parts, channel talk, or any combination of the above.
- A scripting language: commands and features can be easily added to the bot by means of the Tcl scripting language, giving you the power of TOTAL customization of your bot.
- Module support: you can remove/add features to your bot by adding or removing modules.
NOTE:This bot is NOT intended for users of very limited MEMORY or DISK shell accounts. The development of this latest design of Eggdrop is geared towards features and flexibility.
Copyright (C) 1997 Robey Pointer
Copyright (C) 2000 - 2016 Eggheads Development Team